Camellia oil has marvellous properties because it contains a high concentration of fatty acids like arachidonic acid (fatty acid omega-6 which is part of the cell membranes), myristic acid (part of the lipid bilayer of cell membranes), phytoescualen (improvement of hydration and rejuvenation of the skin), oleic acid (Rejuvenates the skin cell growth and increases its strength and flexibility) and also contains a high content of vitamin E (antioxidant that helps protect the skin of the external damage and aging). Therefore, it prevents the formation of wrinkles and helps keep skin firm and elastic.
Organic and freshly pressed oil rich in natural antioxidants
Extreme and long-lasting hydration.
It rejuvenates from the inside, acting on the deep layers of the skin. Prevents wrinkles.
Helps restore elasticity, balance and smoothness to the skin.
Ideal for tired, dry, irritated and sensitive skin and hair on the face, hands and body.
Helps remove acne marks and blemishes.
Oil effective against inflammatory skin diseases: dermatitis, burns …
Specialized researchers (JUNG et al., 2007) have stated that camellia oil prevents the formation of wrinkles as it induces the synthesis of type 1 collagen (protein found in the skin) and reduces transepidermal water loss (hydration of the skin helps it maintain its elasticity and its barrier function).
OTHER ORGANOLEPTIC PROPERTIES
Very moisturizing for all skin types (body, facial or hand care oil).
Light aroma of tea.
Very light yellowish green color.
Rich in essential fatty oils (includes up to 85% oleic acid)
Rich in vitamins: A, B, D, E.
Rich in minerals: phosphorus (P), zinc (Zn), calcium (Ca), manganese (Mn) and magnesium (Mg).
Rich in polyphenols.
What is camellia oil for?
Properties of camellia oil for the skin
- Quick penetration and very moisturizing (dry oil).
- Due to its composition, it has benefits for the skin of the face, since it helps to eliminate acne marks or blemishes (anti-blemish oil).
- It prevents wrinkles and if you already have them it helps to smooth the skin.
- It can be used on the eye contour or on expression lines (anti-wrinkle oil).
- Helps keep skin firm and elastic (body oil).
- Thanks to its rapid and deep absorption, camellia oil renews the skin, making it look more luminous and at the same time soft.
- Helps minimize pores around the nose. As it contains a high content of Vitamin E (antioxidant), it helps protect the skin from external damage and aging.
- It is photoprotective, that is, it protects the skin from solar rays (UV).
- Valid for all skin types, including skin prone to irritation.
- It lacks trans fat because it is a natural product, which is very positive since it is a type of fat that causes heart disease, cancer, diabetes, liver failure and obesity.
- It contains arachidonic acid which is a polyunsaturated essential fatty acid of the omega-6 series present in camellia. This is present in cell membranes where it helps in communication between cells and is very abundant in the brain, which makes it one of the essential fatty acids required by most mammals.
- It contains myristic acid, a fatty acid that is part of phospholipids and glycolipids, molecules that make up the lipid bilayer of all cell membranes.
- Contains phytosqualene. Squalene is a component of sebum in human skin that reduces over the years, causing wrinkles and dry skin. Phytosqualene helps combat the loss of squalene which produces an improvement in hydration and a rejuvenation of the skin (anti-wrinkle facial oil).
- Camellia oil protects the skin from harmful UV rays and environmental damage by forming a very thin film. It also protects freckles, age marks, and pigmentation marks. It can be used around the eyes to prevent crow’s feet and expression marks and stretch marks (anti-stretch mark oil).
Properties of camellia oil for hair
As a hair treatment, it conditions the hair follicle, stimulates the scalp and promotes healthy hair growth Hydrates the scalp.
Thanks to its rapid and deep absorption, it has the property of penetrating the hair fiber, highly hydrating the hair.
Helps nourish and strengthen hair, making it stronger and less brittle.
Camellia oil is photoprotective, which is why it helps the hair to block the damage of ultraviolet rays. In this case, it can be used as a daily serum.
Restores dry and lifeless hair, making it nourished, moisturized and shiny.
Renews damaged hair fibers, thanks to its deep absorption power.